Joint Entrance Examination main is conducted to offer admissions for interested candidates in undergraduate engineering programmers at Indian Institute of Information Technology, National Institutes of Technology and other centrally funded technical institutions located across the country. Central Board of Secondary Education will make available application form of JEE main 2017 for eligible and interested students. JEE main form will be out from December 01, 2016 and the proposed last date to submit the form is January 02, 2017.
Engineering aspirants may check eligibility criteria, important dates, syllabus, participating institutes, application process, and exam pattern and so on. JEE main exam eligibility criteria required candidates to fulfill the multiple aspects so as to appear for the engineering entrance exam. One must enter details carefully in order to avoid mistakes in the JEE main application form 2017. You can also refer the official documents such as 12th certificate while filling up the online form, then go through information brochure and guidelines for JEE main application form prior to applying the exam.
Eligibility criteria for JEE main 2017
Candidates are advised to check the JEE main 2017 eligibility criteria before applying.
- Age limit – candidate’s date of birth had to fall on or after October 01, 1992 for General category but the age limit for SC, ST, and PWD candidates should fall on or after 01, October 1987.
- Candidates passed or appearing 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM are eligible to apply for the exam.
- In 2014, candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- Number of Subjects in 12th – Aspirants must have minimum five subjects in the 12th or qualifying examination.
- Candidates can attempt the JEE main exam three times only.
- Diploma holders are also eligible to apply for JEE main exam.
Application form for JEE main
To register for JEE main 2017 candidates had to fill a detailed JEE main application form online. Candidates had to upload the scanned photograph, scanned signature and thumb impression on the JEE main 2017 official website. Candidates had to pay the application fee either through credit card / debit card or by depositing fee in cash in the Canara/ICICI/Syndicate bank through e-challan which is generated during the online filling of JEE main 2017 application form. After the payment download the admit cards from the official website by providing your roll number. Candidates are advised to check their details in downloaded admit card for future use.